Hi guys! I know I went over how to make a bujo (bullet journal) spread, but I have never really delved into how I make my spreads. As I have adopted a new way of making my bujo layouts, I think I should share it!!
- Pencil / Good Eraser
- Black Pen
- Color of your choice in at least 2 different shades (preferably marker)
- Your Bullet Journal (preferably dotted)
- Because I used a dotted journal, I determined my sketching by the squares that could be formed by the dots. Now, I avoid gridded journals because they don’t allow as much freedom as the dotted journals do! So, lightly doodle boxes with the pencil as a rough sketch: indicate for sure where the corners are!
- Assuming you will be coloring your headers, outline and fill the box with the lightest shade of your chosen color.
- For additional effects, use the next darkest tint and outline only the box and where the text might be.
- Go ahead and erase the pencil indicators on the top.
- With your black pen- preferably a fineliner- outline the box all around. Erase as you go, but make sure that the eraser shavings are gone before continuing to outline!
- Add a couple doodles here and there, but again, go from a lighter scheme to dark!! 🙂
Below is my result of this process!!